People will misspronounce her name! Help!

I have a wee dilemma
My daughter is due 07/07/09 ( besides the point, I don't think I'll make it that far along)
Anyways here it is, my s/o and i have our heart set on the name Reighlynne ( pronounced Ry-lynne)
People have already started misspronouncing it as Ray-lynne etc..
Is there any other way to spell it to make the pronunciation obvious?
I'm partial to the original spelling (Reighlynne) and so is S/o, but we don't want to have to spend 18 years correcting people or have her always correcting people. Any suggestions?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 8:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ryelynne, Rielynne, Rylynne, Rilynne
    - of course all could be done with or without the "e" at the end...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 8:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• When I read it I was thinking it was pronounced the way you said.... I don't know why people are getting that mixed up.... But people call my little one CAR AH ... But it's CARE AH (Spelled Kara) and they are always spelling my other daughter's name with a "H" at the end, but it's just Sara... no h.....
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 8:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• reilynn, rylyynne,ryelynne basically the begginning
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 8:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I like Righlynne maybe or Ryghlynne. I love unique spelling names. My dds name is Nataleigh and my other one(due in sept) is going to be Halie!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would have pronounced it Ray or Rey lol, too, but that's because I'm used to things like Ashleigh (pronounced Ash-lee), Leigh (pronounced either Lee or Lay), etc. I agree with what the first person said about other spellings. Our daughter's name is constantly being mispronounced, too. Her name is Kalina and people call her Kay-lin, Kal-in, etc. It's really frustrating, and I thought that her name was pretty easy to pronounce. I mean Kalina, IMO, could only be pronounced Kay-lina or Kuh-lina (how we pronounce it, gotta love that southern drawl lol). Good luck with how you decide to spell it!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• try Rylan?
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• no matter what, you are gonna be correcting people.......
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above anon....no matter what noone is going to pronounce it right..
    Anonymous

• Rylan, Rylen, Rylenn, Rylynn, Rielynn, Ryelynne, Rylynne
    Reigh to me sounds like 'ray' because of "i before e except after c or when sounded lay 'ay' as in neighbor and weigh."
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I pronounced it Ry-Lynn just by reading your spelling of it. So I don't understand the confusion! LOL
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2009