My daughter will NOT drink milk...What to do???

My 3 year old daughter will not drink milk, chocolate milk or strawberry....no kind of milk product. I tried mixing yogurt w/ milk or giving her Danimals. She will not drink it. I'm worried she is not getting the vitamins she needs from milk. Does anyone have this problems or alternatives on what I should try next.
Thanks

kridal02

Asked by kridal02 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Does she eat cheese?? and drink juice??
    Anonymous

• you can buy products with calcium in it, if she like cheese, yogurt etc feed her those, she does not have to drink milk to be heathly or get the calicum she needs...she can get it fom other stuff.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• go with other dairy products so she still gets her calcium..yogurt (i freeze the gogurt sticks and my daughter thinks its a popscicle) cheese, stuff like that. and just keep offering her milk. or just tell her she won't get a drink unless she has some milk first. i personally hate milk and do not drink it at all either. but i get enough by taking a vitamin and eating other dairy stuff. if you are really worried call the doc and ask if there is something you can give her to make sure she is getting enough calcium and the vitamins milk provides.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• She LOVES cheese. I was not sure if it was enough calcium and all she will drink is juice. Which I think probably ain't that good for her either.
    kridal02

Answer by kridal02 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Cheese and yogurt are excellent sources of calcium.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I hate milk, too, although I'll drink chocolate milk. How about milkshakes? The calcium fortified orange juice. Leafy green vegetables have calcium. How about mac and cheese. It will be very important to make sure she gets calcium and vitamin D from some other source. You should discuss this with your pediatrician and maybe a nutritionist.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I and my son both hate milk, as a matter of fact he stopped drinking milk at about 18 months. His doc said not to force it, as long as your daughter is getting dairy from other sources she will be fine. Does she still eat cheese, yogurt and even ice cream? She can get the calcium from so many other foods. You can get orange juice with calcium. Cottage cheese and fruit is yummy. If you are really worried talk to her pediatrician. All I know is that I wouldn't force her to drink the milk. If she likes shakes, try Pediasure or NutraPals and make sure they are really cold. Oh and pudding is a way to get the milk along with mac and cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I was like this as a child. as soon as i was off the bottle i would not drink milk. i didn't like it. Actually i still don't. MY mom gave me more cereal. The milk with cereal equals about a serving of milk and will cereal's that tasted good i would actually dring the left over milk if it tast's like the cereal. To this day i don't like milk but i'll drink the milk from a bowl of cereal. It worked with me.
    Good luck.
    miranda4403

Answer by miranda4403 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Silk Very Vanilla soy milk---you should research milk before you get too worried about a child not wanting it--maybe she is on to something:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Me and my 8 year old make smoothies, ALL the time. Sometimes i use the frozen juice cans and ice and fruit, and sometimes bannanas MILK and ice cream,hell ive put oatmeal, pnut butter, you name it. Maybe u could try something like that?
    shan7195

Answer by shan7195 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2009