What's the worst thing someone you know has done to their kids...and gotten away with it?

Someone I know drugged their kids with Benadryl so they'd sleep 12 hours at night and leave her alone.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HELLO ARE YOU JUST JOKING AROUND OR DO YOU THINK THAT DOING MEAN SHIT TO CHILDREN ARE FUNNY CAUSE IM NOT FINDING YOU FUNNY AT ALL. DRUGGY A CHILD IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL. NOT TO MENTION LEAVING YOUR CHILD ALL ALONE IS NOT RESPONABLE AND IF YOU NEW THIS WAS HAPPENING WHY DID'NT YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT????? IN MY EYES YOU AREN"T ANY BETTER KNOWING THIS WAS HAPPENING......
    Anonymous

• Holy Jesus effing Christ.

First of all, your Caps Lock is on.

Second of all, no, I'm not joking. I would never even dream of drugging my child.

I was not aware of what that person did until about a year after it happened. The authorities were notified, if you really want to know. They didn't do a damn thing because they said they didn't have proof that she was doing it.

So there.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My mother drugged me with benadryle all my childhood .I was very hyper .Im not saying she is bad mom but in my older age i found out i had adhd maybe i was too strong for her .My kids all have adhd i guess its hereditary but they are on meds i tried to deal with it with out meds but the school did an intervention so i had no choice .She confessed to me i was upset at first but back then there was not as much advances in child problems If you complained of your children you were a bad mom .Benadryl is harmless as long as its very small portions .Well thats my opinion on that i dont think its right but if her kids are too strong to handle maybe its something else
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You tell her girl. Thank you cause i was fixin to say a little something, something. so thank you...
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Well caitxrawks that about sums it up........... :)

It is crazy what poeple do, You know we have all heard some real bad stuff. It may be on the news or someone you know. That is life and for me I try to do what I can if I think something may be going on. I just try to do the best with my kids and everyday is a new day.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have a neighbor who lets her kid fall on her head all the time. And I mean she would even set her in a chair with no back when she was only like 8 months old. And yes, she was reported. By me. You know what they said? You must just have a beef against her because the b***h called them on us.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• gave their children not only benadryl to make them sleep bc they got on their nerves but gave them cookies laced with pot and these were highly educated professional people. I hope karma has come around or perhaps it will wait until they are old and the kids taking care of them will give them benadryl to keep them sleeping as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• "DRUGGY A CHILD IS NOT FUNNY!"

Sometimes I feel like this site should be called "Cafemom...and their hormonal PMS'ing alter egos!" I mean yeah, I am all for protecting children, and I will tell someone if I think they actually did something wrong, but sheesh. Lets get the full story before we blow a gasket, shall we?
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• And to give my input on the question at hand, my aunt used to take her kids with her to parties and drugs runs at all hours. She would sell their Christmas presents for drug money, and she'd lie to my mom all the time to make her think they didn't have food in the house so she'd give her money. My mom went to the authorities SEVERAL times and cried over those boys so much. She even told the people at DSS, after talking with my dad, that THEY would take the kids if need be so they could be with family. She got away with it until they were in their TEENS and she finally lost custody and their dad got them. He isn't much better than her. Oh, and finally my mom called off all contact with her sister because she said she could take seeing the thing she did anymore. She'd tried her hardest to fight for them, and she continued to do so...and asked to still see the kids, but she told them "Aunt Neice doesn't love you anymore"
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i agree w/ erin it was a bit much i know a woman who smoked weed while she was pregnant i call dyfus and they said they didnt know if they could do anything because the baby was born yet so i waited until she had it the call dyfus and said there were drugs in the house sure enough they found them p.s. the little boy lives w/ his g-mom now
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009