Ok, I'm confused.....

I am wondering if God and Jesus are the same person or if they are two different people. I have heard some say that God and Jesus are the same, and I have heard some say that God and Jesus are two seperate people. What do you ladies think?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry ladies, I meant to say beings. My brain just shut off for a minute there.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It depends on who you ask - Trinitarians believe that Jesus is God incarnate, Unitarians believe that He is not.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I personally am a Unitarian - I see Their relationship as subservient (Christ to God, of course, lol), among other reasons.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my thinking is two different people, technically tho god would not be a person LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• God Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one. They are all one because they all have the same mind and purpose. Yet are three beings. Jesus is God in the flesh and the holy spirit is here with us now working on God's behalf. His purpose is the same as God's. When Jesus left he said he would not leave us comfortless that he would send us the Holy spirit.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Depends on the denomination.

I was raised to believe they were ONE in purpose but TWO seperate individuals. And honestly, that still makes more sense to me then one guy performing multiples roles at the same time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I believe that Jesus is God's first creation and the only one he ever created personally because the Bible says that Jesus was the one who God used to create everything else, read Proverbs 8:22-30 it is that one telling of his own creation and that he came to be beside his Father as a master worker.

besides all illustrations in the Bible are of a Father and son like with Abraham and Isaac, not a god pretending to be his own son...Matt 21:33-41

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• God and Jesus are two different entities. How could Jesus be the son of God if he is God? Hmmm? That's what I think. Besides that, I believe Jesus was a wise human being only. Maybe if I wanted to join a church, it would be Unitarian.
    Anonymous

• I believe in a Triune God. I believe there is one and only one God, but God is made up of three distinct persons - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Like a dog is 1 being with 0 persons or I am 1 being with 1 person, God is 1 being with 3 persons. As explaind here:

The Trinity is One: The divine person do not share one divinity, but each of them is God whole and entire.

The divine persons are really distinct:  The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Spirit, etc. 

The divine persons are relative to one another. Because it does not divide the divine unity, the real distinction of the persons from one another resides solely in the relationships which relate them to one another:

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Jesus Christ is the Son of God but God is also the "trinity", Father, Son and Holy Ghost so it is a little confusing I guess.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009