7 months old and she always holds her head to the side?

My daughter has always held her head to her left side kinda sitting on her shoulder. I dont know why she does this and I don't know what to do.. Everybody asks about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The first thing that came to my mind is = hearing or eyesite..................

IDK - just a thought????
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• shes had both checked at doctors appts i assume?
    Anonymous

• It could be torticolis. I'd definitely mention it to the dr. It can lead to flat spots on her head and require a helmet as well as physical therapy to loosen her muscles.
    Anonymous

• Definetly get her in to see the doctor about it. That happened to a friend of mine and her sons face and head were flat. He had to wear a helmet to reshape his head and face for almost a year!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 9:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Have her checked out please.... I was asked about that when my son was being diagnosed for autism so I don't know what it means but it could be a sign of something neurological. God bless.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My DD has torticollus. Her head tilted to the right side. Talk to your dr and see if that is what she has. We have had our DD in physical therapy for three months and hers is almost done. Its all a matter of stretching that neck muscle. And in response to annon 9:46, its doesnt mean that her DD would have to wear a helmet. My DD doesnt and there are a few other babies there that dont have too.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 10:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• it sounds like torticollis to me. my DD had it and had to go to physical therapy. she developed plagiocephaly because of it and had to get a cranial helmet.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• torticollis
    or
    one of her eyes may be adjusted slightly different then the other and she holds her head this way so the world will be in focus.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My husbands neice would hold her head to the side, but only when reading or looking at tv. After a trip to the doctor they found out she has to have eye surgery. God Bless
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I saw this on Mystery Diagnosis!
    Get her ears and eyes checked. GL
    Hope everything works out okay. <3
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009