Has anybody ever heard this before?!?

My friend is pregnant with her third child. She stopped smoking with her first two, but with this one she is still smoking POT. Reason being, she said a friend of HERS who is a nurse said that pot does not do anything to the baby, and that in fact, research shows BETTER development for the baby after birth in mom's who smoked small amounts. WTF? I've always heard the opposite! I try to tell her, but she does what she does and I dunno how to argue with her since I don't know any of the actual consequenses...just that it's not good. Does anyone know the risk factors for pot use while pregnant? It's driving me nuts to know she does this. I mean, all seems to be going well in the pregnancy so far...but eesh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Imagine that = watch it be good to smoke weed.................... IDK?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• pot actually is a higher cancer causer than cigs. i actually just heard that recently.
    Anonymous

• some docs actually prescribe it for morning sickness in other parts of the world, i was very sick with my first 4 pregnancies and puffed a little with #5, i had a 10 lb baby and hes top of his class
    Anonymous

• it's better than cigs and ive had dr.s tell me its better than that..from the research ive done, there isnt any research proving its bad but at the same time there isnt any proving its good. it does help w nasea though. she's going to do what she's gonna do and theres nothing you can do about it..just dont be around her when she does it and try to support her other than that.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• pot does NOT cause cancer
    tnteaton

• I think any kind of smoke is bad for you and for your unborn baby. But i guess if a woman really wants to smoke pot while pregnant,she will be able to justify it in her own mind. I just wouldn't do it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• She knows darn well pot is NOT good if cigerettes are bad common sense tell you that marijuana has to be even worse!! She is putting her child at risk SIDS and many other problems. I swear some ppl do not need kids :/
    Anonymous

• honestly...some people should NOT be breeding....UGH
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I know people who have done this, I personally don't condone pot smoking while pregnant nausea problems or not. I don't want my baby to get high. But the people I have known that did it, have pretty normal babies..2 kids have asthma..But who know's ...Maybe asthma is from her smoking the pot, maybe not..
    theres alot WORSE she could be doing.
    EX; ( I spent a little time in jail not proud to say but hey shit happened. and long story short I met 2 girls both 7 months pregnant both crack heads\ prostitutes didn't know who the babies father was, and was adopting there child out for those reasons.)
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• WHAT IS SHE THINKING?
    Anonymous