UGH!! IM SO ANNOYED!!!

m 40w1d and STILL no baby! ive done the whole sex thing and walking even went for a bumpy ride and Nothing!! all i have are annoying BH and still losing the mucus plug! anything else?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 10:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Same here. My due date is today and no sign of labor yet! Good luck..
    UkranianMOMMY

Answer by UkranianMOMMY at 10:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• black cohash root........ be close to the hospital and only take 3 drops....... GL
    Anonymous

• I've heard black cohosh as well. My midwife uses it to induce patients. But she also said it's not always advisable to use without supervision because in some rare cases it can cause a spike in blood pressue or somthing. But I also know people who have used it with no issues at all...and they sell it over the counter. My friend did research on it and found nothing indicating harm at all...so I would guess it's safe, but do as anon said. Only a few drops and if you feel funny at all, labor or not, go to the hospital. Good luck! I was eight days late and I remember the agony!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• this time (well actually around midnight) last year I was in labor. my son will be one tomorrow! i thought my pregnancy would never end. I was 1 day away from 41 weeks. I self-induced myself using reflexology. I massaged above my ankles for long periods of time. there are nerve ending around the ankles connected to the uterus area. after a while I felt kinda funny and had loose bowels. SO and I also had sex that night. actually kinda rough sex lol. I bled pretty badly after a while and had very intense contractions pop up out of nowhere. finally after a few hours, I had SO drive us to the hospital. he didnt realize it was the real thing
    Anonymous

• ive heard about it too but i know nothing about it..what is it about it thats suposed to cause labor?

and UkranianMOMMY, you're gonna go into labor tonight becuase im gonna go into labor tonight even if it kills me to!!! lol..GL what # baby is this for you? this is my 3rd
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i was at same point w/ dd.....i was told my cervix wasn't very open and the baby couldn't drop down....so i sat on a big exercise ball, like a birthing ball I guess....tried to rotate my hips around so as to encourage opening "something"....my cervix, pelvis, whatever....contractions started the next afternoon and my water broke about 24 hrs later after sitting on the ball?!? don't know if that did it or not, but.....i tried sex, spicy food, walking & walking & walking and they weren't working for me. good luck!
    michellelvs4

Answer by michellelvs4 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I induce mine by sex, walking, spivy food, red rasberry tea, kiwis, caster oil, and relaxation. I went for a walk then ate the spicy food while drinking the tea w/ 4oz of oil, followed by the kiwis, had sex than relax for an hour in an 1 1/2 I was in L&D. Good luck! I know how you feel I was dying. I had one early labor stopped than 2 false labors and was 1wk post term it sucks. Theres a few other things to prim rose oil, mango, pinapple, blue and black cohash, imagining the cervix opening, and worse case I've been told enema work wonders. Those last few I didn't get to so I don't know I hope this helps let me know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I know it probably means nothing, but after eating REALLY spicy food the night before, my water broke the next morning before my due date when I wasn't dilated at all, or effaced.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Generally when you're losing your mucus plug it's because your cervix is dilating far enough for it to dislodge. Your body is probably gearing up right now for all you know! Be patient, continue being active, it's probably working! Just slooowly!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I WENT 40 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS WITH BOTH OF MY BABIES.
    peoso

Answer by peoso at 11:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009