my 1 year old daughter

my daughter is almost 1 and we have 2 older daughters as well, but our 1 year old gives me a run for my money. she has never been a good baby,she never sleeps through the night and she only wants me i have to hold her all day for her to be happy i cant hand her to anyone else she crys, we tryed to put her in sunday school at church and she screams,she wont let me leave her with any one i cant even go to the store if she sees me leave she is in full blow tears. As soon as i get home i have to take her from my husband or she will scream, everyone tells me to let her cry it out and i have tryed. i have let her cry for a long time and she just wont cry it out. I feel bad letting her do it but i was trying to break the habbit of mom always getting her when she crys i dont no what to do but i need advice and a break from her,i cant even play with my older two because she gets really jealou and crys and trys to push them away from me

colleens3girls

Asked by colleens3girls at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't let her cry. She's doing it for a reason. The need for attention is still a NEED. Get a sling and keep her with you. Let her wean off you when she's ready. When you ease up and stop pushing her away, she'll feel confident enough to go on her own.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• maybe she has been traumatized from when you left her to cry it out before. You need to be consistant and meet her needs and let her learn to trust you again.
    Anonymous

• Boy, does she know how to push your buttons or what. My third child does some of the same things you dd is doing. I hold him when I can, but when I am busy, I let him cry. There are times when our children will just have to cry it out. Many times, he cries and gets mad at me. It usually occurs sometime within the 4 p.m. hour while I am cooking dinner. I am endangering him if I am holding him while cooking. (I never know when grease might pop or a liquid might boil over.) While I am cooking, I do get some work done. Then, I pick him up. He wants to see what is going on. I, then, put him in his highchair. I try to re-direct his attention to something else. When all else fails, I let him cry it out. He must learn his boundaries. Letting your child cry it out does not make you a bad mom. When my ds cries too much, I put him in his crib with a toy or two. He can play or fall asleep. His choice. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2009