Christians, are you Crucified?

As Christians we no longer live but Christ lives in us.I don't mean literally crucified, spiritually!

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• defintely trying to fully be crucified. have not yet arrived but getting there. we must morify our flesh daily.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No offense, but that is the wierdest thing I have ever heard. What the heck do you mean by it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• As Christians we know that since animal sacrifices and offerings are no longer part of worship, are any sacrifices still required of us today? Yes, indeed. Jesus Christ lived a life of sacrifice in his service to God and finally offered himself in behalf of mankind. Hence, he declared: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me.” (Matthew 16:24) This means that anyone who wants to become Jesus’ follower must make certain sacrifices. So,Christ suffered and died in the flesh to lead us to God; hence, we no longer live according to fleshly desires so we no longer live for ourselves but sacrifice our lives to do as Jesus did.2 Cor 5:14, 15 (1 Peter 3:18–4:6)

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You don't want to be "crucified"...that's being tortured. The Latin root of "crucifix" means "to torture."

I don't think that;s what you meant?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009