I'm thinking about not getting my newborn vaccinated :/

I have been doing alot of research on SIDS and while doing alot of reading I have read many cases where a child died shortly after getting vaccinated. The more I looked the more I found about vaccinations being harmful. I don't want to expose my child to ANY diseases neither do I want her to die. What would you do and what opinion do you have on this subject? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you're being a bit selfish...
    Anonymous

• Join the choosing not to vaccinate group here on cafemom. It may help you decide. I don't vaccinate my daughter. Shots are more harmful than helpful. They don't offer full protection, they're loaded with terrible ingredients, the side effects from the vaccine can be worse than the disease it MIGHT prevent, and many of the diseases they MIGHT prevent are easily treated or unlikely to be contracted. They DO kill. If you're uncertain, just delay them til you feel informed enough to make a decision.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They do not have a link to SIDS and vaccines. THere are MANY more babies that have been vaccinated than not vaccinated. Of COURSE there will be more babies that have died of SIDS that have died of SIDS that are vaccinated b/c there are MORE VACCINATED children.
    Anonymous

• Selfish for actually thinking about her child's health instead of putting it in the hands of a stranger who profits from the vaccinations? Selfish for educating herself on her child's best interest? Selfish for worrying about KILLING her kid? Really?
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• There is certainly a link to SIDS and shots.
    Anonymous

• jus1jess is wrong....they are not loaded with terrible ingredients. They are loaded with protecting your child. I know that when these diseases strike again I will be relieved I had my child vaccinated.
    Anonymous

• You could be potentially KILLING your child by not vaccinating!
    Anonymous

• anon, do you even know what's in vaccines? the ingredient list doesn't say "protection". you shouldn't comment on what your not educated in.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The rates of these diseases being serious enough to kill anyone are incredibly low. It usually only happens to those with immune system deficiencies. The number of children who die or suffer after vaccines is higher.
    Anonymous

• jus1-yes I do. No sh^t it doesn't say "protection" on the label...Protection isn't an ingredient, it's what it causes. I am educated thank you. I am a college graduate in health care. I think I know more about health than a SAHM
    Anonymous