is this normal or could something be wrong.

i noticed that when i sit down in chairs my feet get swollen quickly...they hurt everytime i walk...they get hard and fat...picture a bee or ant bite...the part where they bit your skin gets really hard and feels really uncomfortable,i poke it with my index finger and see yellow print...does anyone know what this could beor if its normal..i drink alot of water...im 5'1 and weigh approximately 160lbs...and im just about 34 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I remember at my prenatal appointments the docs were always asking about swelling. I'd bring it up when you go in again. You're going every week by now instead of monthly right?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i would bring it up to your dr. i had the same thing starting around 22 weeks. blood pressure was normal till about 36 weeks. wnet into labor at 37 weeks and they induced for preeclampsia, put your feet up and also try cold packs that helped a little for me but i was super swollen could only wear flip flops.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I had pre-eclampsia, but it wasn't diagnosed until I was about 36-37 weeks. I was so swollen. I had no ankles and if you looked at just my legs and feet, you would think I weighed 500 lbs. It was bad. I couldn't walk, sit, stand, anything. My feet and calves hurt so bad.
    I would watch your blood pressure closely. Also, make sure your doctors are testing for protein in your urine (I'm pretty sure that's a sign of pre-eclampsia too). Try to stay off your feet as much as you can and keep them elevated. I was put on modified bed rest until delivery and that is what the doctors told me to do. I also had a professional massage on my feet and calves done. It helped relieve some swelling but it didn't cure it...it was just a temporary fix that only lasted a couple days at the max.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009