This isn't another "could I be pregnant?" question.

I know that of course I COULD be pregnant, I had unprotected sex right around when I was ovulating. I just need to know the soonest I can take a pregnancy test and some help with EARLY signs of pregnancy. My period ended on the 7th of this month if that helps.

I'm not sick, but I've been very tired for a few days now, have had continuous headaches, been constipated (sorry), and my face broke out when it never breaks out.

Please help? And if you've got something rude to say, keep it to yourself. Girls on here come for comfort, not smart comments.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the longer you wait to take the test the more accurate result you will get and I think most say as early as 3 days before a missed period but with my first I achually found out a little under 2 weeks before my period was due that I was pregnant. Try buting one of those digital ones that will tell you "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and see if you are. Like I said most say 3 days I found out earlier than that. GOOD LUCK!
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• With me I took one the day before my missed period and it came out neg. then I took one the day after my missed period and it came out positive! Hope that helps a lil bit!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Ok so I should take one around the end of this month?

What about signs? Is it even possible to have any signs so early? When I was pregnant with my son I didn't even know till I got a bladder infection and they told me in Urgent Care.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Usually implantation ocurrs 7-10 days after ovulation. Your body will not be producing hcg until implantation, and you need to give it a day or two to build up enough to show positive. Digital tests usually require around 50 hcg to be present to turn positive. Most cheap dollar store line tests only need 10-15 hcg so they will tell you sooner if you read them right. Always turn first for me anyway. I would say wait about 12 days from the day you had sex to test. sperm can survive for 4-5 days waiting for ovulation as well, so its still possible if you had sex a little early, thats why I'd wait 12 days instead of maybe only 9-10. Good luck! I got my positive 6 days before my missed period with a test from big lots for 75cents :P
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Thank you lasombrs! Do you remember what the test was called? I have a first response left over but if the one used tells you sooner than I want that one!

Were you feeling any symptoms before you missed your period?
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• First Response are the ones that have the ability to tell 5 days before your missed period. Though if your period ended on the 7th (I'm going off of if your period was 5 days long) you should actually be ovulating right now if you haven't done so in the last couple of days. (That's also based off of a 28 day cycle). I'd say wait two weeks and test.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I just looked it up Saturday 11th April 2009 - Best chance of conceiving a girl

Sunday 12th April 2009 - A little bit fertile, best chance of conceiving a girl

Monday 13th April 2009 - Fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Tuesday 14th April 2009 - VERY fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Wednesday 15th April 2009 - Time to ovulate

Saturday 25th April 2009 - A home pregnancy test may work now.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Here's the link for anyone wanting to know...

http://www.babyhopes.com/pages.php?pageid=23
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• you could call your ob/gyn and tell them that you think you may be pregnant. ask them for a script to get a blood test done to confirm it. blood tests can tell sooner and more accurately. i found out two weeks to the day after my hubby and i had sex that i was pregnant with our baby.
    Anonymous