how do youn train a dog

how do you train a small dog

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pets

• repetitive. I have a beagle, which is known to be a very stubborn breed, and I have found that the only true way to train her is through being repetitive. I work with her each day or each time we do something, and then I give tons of praise when she does it. I also give treats for some things. For example: I want her to sit when I put on and take off the leash, for this she gets praise but no treat. When she and I work on something like sit, stay, lay down, etc one on one just to practice then I give a small treat when she does it right. She loves cheerios, so that is the treat i use for training since you only want to give them a taste and not something that will take a while to eat. GL
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yup just be consistent and use treats at first, then slowly wean the dog off of them. Eventually the dog will listen to you more the more you act like the boss. If you aren't consistent and don't dicipline then you'll get nowhere either. And for dicipline, maybe just shut it in a room for about 5 minutes, or if you're not opposed to it, just bop it lightly on the head. You don't have to do it hard, just enough so they're uncomfortable. Make sure you're doing everything the same and don't let the dog walk all over you either, even just a small slip is enough for them to keep doing something wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009