Solitary Pagans/Wiccans, how do you manage being solitary? Thoughts? Advice? I feel lonely sometimes lol

I'm so lonely lol. I've talked to people, looked on meetup and witchvox and here (as well as other places) and I can't find anyone any closer than about 2 hours away that would even be willing to e-mail me occasionally or even once, for that matter. I thought I'd found a coven, but they are "on hold" for the time being because they only had a few people interested. I'd be ecstatic if I could find one person who was Pagan to talk to about things around here. It's so lonely being a solitary witch and I was just wondering how you manage, how you celebrate Sabbats and Esbats (Beltane approaches and I have no ideas! help!), what rituals you do, how you deal with your dh not being Pagan, etc. My dh isn't Pagan, but he's perfectly fine with me. I think he still doesn't know exactly what he believes. Anyway, what do you do to not feel so alone in this? Any positive advice or input is welcome. Thanks ladies!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel the same way sometimes and I've been pagan for 10 years now, studying for 13. My husband isn't Pagan or interested in anything spiritual in any way. He doesn't care if I am, he just doesn't want to hear about it. I read everything I can, both books andon-line, and that helps alot. try to get aquainted wioth somePagans on-line andphone conversations really help! If you're interested in getting to know some Pagans here, I'd like to, also. PM me and I will give you my phone number. (I'd love to hear from you!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I prefer being solitary - I am not Wiccan, and do not practice ceremonial magick, so having a group practice or coven wouldn't work for me at all. I enjoy my low magick and private devotions. Reading and discussing online helps; plus three of my good friends are Pagan and even though we don't necessarily have the same beliefs, we share enough to get together for the holidays and celebrate with a meal together while our kids play. I also am a member of the UU church, and many congregations have an active Pagan or Earth-based spirituality group. Another thing to look into is SpiralScouts - it's an inclusive Pagan-based scouting organization for kids ages 3 and up... it can help you to connect with other families in your area. If you can find a local pagan bookstore, they can be a good resource for finding others as well!

My Dh isn't Pagan, but he's willing to enjoy special meals LOLand support me in my path as I do him in his.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The nearest bookstore that would actually possibly know things about this is about 2 hours away, and I've looked for a UU church and the nearest of those is at least 2 hours away. I'm just so desperate to know I'm not alone here lol. I mean, you have to drive at least 1.5 hours just to find a bookstore that carries New Age things like Wiccan/Pagan books and tarot cards (I think it's a BAM). It gets so frustrating. I like being a solitary witch, for the most part, but I would still just like to know other people who are Pagan and be able to get together sometimes for Sabbats and Esbats or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Sometimes I just try and let the energy swirl around me and keep me company.
    Sometimes Im lucky enough my hubby will do it with me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Any of the moms on here, that are familiar with my personality, will tell you that it is perfect for being a solitary practitioner. I am an atheist, so no gods or goddesses to mess with. To borrow a line from the movie When Harry Met Sally, "I'm not demanding. I just want things the way I want them." Like christians who go to church on Easter and Christmas, I don't see a point in honoring every sabbat. But I honor the solstices and moon phases. I live in a small town and don't have others like me to commune with, so I know what you're talking about. I think my strong sense of individuality helps me, but I'd love to have someone to talk to about this important part of my life.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• While I practice solitary, I feel deeply connected to all my Pagan sisters through the Goddess.
    Anonymous