For those of you on Facebook, are you friends with your ex-boyfriends.

I'm thinking about sending friend requests to a few of mine, but I haven't talked to them in about 20 years and they are married. Do you think that would be strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not on facebook, but on myspace and yes I'm friends with an ex
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i think it would be strange if you havent talked to them in 20 years they might be like 'whooaaaa blast from the past' but if you didnt end on a bad note then why not
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Just as long as you don't have any other intentions I really don't see the problem. :]
    I'm friends with guys from school, but it's not like I am trying to hook up with them.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i would agree it's in the past everyones moved on why not catch up with each other! in a freindly way! i have an ex on mine!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't think it's weird in your case, 20 years is a long time and the fact you guys are married and such, I think it's fine. I'm friends with one ex, but was friends way before we got together and he is in a new relationship and I am committed with a child, and we only talk on friendly terms. I am though friends with another one of my ex's wives. We made friends 'cause I sent her a message when she was pregnant congratulating her and she wrote back and asked me how I knew her husband, I just said we dated, nothing serious (even though it was) and believe it or not we are now pretty good friends. She asked me how we ended and I just said it wasn't meant to be, which it wasn't, I didn't want to bring up how big of a piece of shit he was and because of me he changed for the better. It didn't matter 'cause he treats her like gold, I'm glad 'cause she is a total sweetheart :-) Sorry got a little off topic lol
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 12:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes, and alot of my old lovers. I added them at the time, not now tho. But this is a situation that kinda relates: My ex bf is a big WoW player and so is my husband. Before I go and make a character so that I can play on the same server as my ex I am going to ask my husband if he is truely and completely ok with that, and that if he isnt, I will understand."
    Hope I was helpful
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have a few ex's on my friends list on both myspace and facebook, we ended on a pretty good note so it's not weird to us to talk as friends, as long as it's going to stay friends only then i don't feel like there's anything wrong with it.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Absolutely! So is my husband and I am with his ex-girlfriends too. We all grew up together. And we have never had any insecurities about eachother.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I just started talking to my ex after 17 yrs. As long as it's just for a friend why not do it..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 9:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009