Are you more worried about being politically correct?

Are you not a Christian b/c it is not politically correct? If you are a Christian can you be both? This is something I really wonder about. PERSONALLY. So I would like it if you answer nicely and honestly. Also if you could explain how or why you feel the way you do I would greatly appreciate it.Do you think God or Jesus are politically correct? What are your feelings? Sorry all the questions,but I figured you would rather me ask them all at once then keep posting them each individually. Please no bashing I want all opinions on this matter.Thank you.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • If being "politically correct" means I have to compromise my Christian values and morals to keep from stepping on some toes, then you better move your feet! I'm not about to compromise anything, or deny Christ, or what He lives for for anyone or anything. Jesus died for me,and I'll gladly live for Him! If that's not "politically correct", then I guess I'll just have to get over the indignity of that! Boo-hoo! LOL. Yeah, I'm REAL upset about that one! I'll just stick with Jesus, you can keep your political correctness. I have the REAL thing!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I see what you mean. But no, I am not, not a Christian because of political correctness. My beliefs on various topics tend be the more "politically correct" views, but that's not why I have them.

Anonymous

• I am a Christian and I am not politically correct. In order to be politically correct I would have to deny the Lord and His commandments. I believe that people have a right to live their lives how they want to, even if I disagree with it from a moral perspective.

But in order to be politically correct today, you have to not only allow people to live their own lives you are not allowed to say you disagree with their choice. You have to be pro-everything. I am pro-people, pro-love, pro-personal decision. But I am not pro-sin.

Therefore, I am not politically correct.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My religion has nothing to do with being politically correct. In fact, it's not more popular or trendy to be "nonChristian" even in progressive, liberal areas of the country. My ethics - my ideas of unconditional love, compassion, service, interconnectedness, and social justice were the same when i was a Christian, and they haven't changed with my theology. I feel a greater depth of connection to those ethics now, but I think that just comes with spiritual growth in any path. I'm not against bigotry because it's politically correct to be against it; I'm against it because it's wrong, and I will speak that truth no matter what group I am in. My truth just happens to be that all people are worthy of life and Divine love, and that it isn't my right or responsibility to condemn and ridicule them if they are different than me in some way, no matter what. I don't think being respectful is selling out my faith... it IS my faith.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Political correctness (or lack thereof) has NOTHING to do with what faith I choose to live. I practice Buddhism because after much research, soul searching, and meditation/prayer, this is the path that speaks to me, that makes sense to me, and that best fits with my own values, beliefs, priorities, and view of reality. I really couldn't care less if it's politically correct or not.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My reasons for being an atheist are many but political correctness is definitely not one of them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Political correctness is stupid and keeps the limelight off TRUE reasons for many problems just because people aren't allowed to talk about it. I am not politically correct in any way, shape, or form :) It has nothing to do with religion.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You can flush political correctness down the drain as far as I am concerned when it comes to my religion...
    I am a RIGHT WING, CONSERVATIVE, CHRISTIAN, ANTI-OBAMA, BIBLE READING, GUN OWNER....is that enough for you....oh and "GARDEN PLANTING " too because evidently that combination along with my military hubby makes me a "homeland terrorits" also. What has American come to when these qualities were normal just 10-20 years ago???
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't see how being a Christian(or any other belief) has anything to do with being politically correct. I personally think being politically correct is beyond stupid. I know some Christians who believe 100% the opposite of what I do, everything from gay marriage to abortion.. it all varies from person to person. not faith to faith
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 10:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have alwasy been far from being PC... And my religious choices are based on anything but!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2009