Please Help ME?????

Im 17 about to be 18 in June. My daughter is 5 months old. I went to the doctors yesterday because I thought i had a yeast infection. Well it turned out to be bacteria build up. I have an IUD as birth control and when the doc did the exam she couldnt find the strings. She took a prego test and it came back positive. She thinks the IUD is lost in my uterus. She said it could cause serious problems with the baby and they have to find out where it is. Has this happened to anyone? How would they remove it if it is lost in my uterus since i am pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh girl I have NO idea about any of that but I wish you the best and hope everything is ok
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 11:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• A friend of mine swore her baby was born holding her IUD. once you have an ultrasound or another kind of pix the doctors should know more.
    Anonymous

• With mine, they did the u/s and couldn't find it, when the baby was born they looked and couldn't find it. They think it may have fell out. Maybe this happened to you. They told me they were worried about it being lost in my uterus too, but obviously it wasn't.
    Anonymous

• omg girl first of all chill ok some iud can fall out themselves, i know people. i had iud also but i got my removed. On the other hand if the iud is in there they will have to remove it. Sometimes they can get it when u are pregnant and save pregnancy and sometimes you have to have d/c it all depends on the woman and the case. i wish you luck and ill pray for you.....
    MissMattie

Answer by MissMattie at 11:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I ALSO HAD AN IUD AND IT ALSO GOT LOST SOME WHERE INSIDE ME AND THATS WHERE MY THIRD DAUGHTER CAME FROM I NEVER GOT MINE REMOVED BUT WHEN I DELIVERED MY BABY IT WAS IN THERE. IM NOT SURE WHY YOURS HAS TO BE REMOVED YOU NEED TO FIND OUT HOW IT CAN HURT THE BABY...WHAT IT CAN DO IF ANYTHING AND FIND OUT ALL THAT BEFORE PUTTING YOURSELF THROUGH THAT AND THE BABY....ALSO FIND OUT IF REMOVING IT CAN HARM THE BABY AS WELL BECAUSE IF IT CAN BE HARMFUL EITHER WAY FIND OUT WHICH ONE HAS BETTER ODDS FOR YOU AND THE BABY TO BE OK,,,,,GOOD LUCK
    colleens3girls

Answer by colleens3girls at 11:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My doctor&teacher said it's possible when you have your period it could pass through with your blood.
    May have fell out.
    Good luck with your pregnancy though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• omg...how scary...another reason i wont get anything put up there for bc
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• oh my that is scary i hope it all works out for you keep updated im curious about this iud stuff
    does this happen often i plan on getting an iud after i have my baby.. but we cant risk getting pregnant agian. hmmm maybe another source of birth control i will have to consider... anybody know what works better?
    aubreyluv

Answer by aubreyluv at 3:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009