• In the Spotlight:

anyone taking children's gummy vitamins instead of prenatals?

i was just wondering if anyone was taking children's gummy vitamins instead of prenatal vitamins? if so, how many gummies are you taking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I prefer just a regular multivitamin with folic acid as 100% Gummies are great too but not enough nutrients. try just using centrum a-z. I use the generic and its cheapr and the bottle lasted me the whole pregnancy!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 11:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Also add in fish oil, it really helps development of the baby. Cheapo again at the drugstore than from your doctor!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 11:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am. My doctor said as long as it had at least 400 mcg of folic acid then it was fine to take. Its better to take a gummy vitamin that has 400 mcg per serving instead of doubling up on the serving to get enough folic acid because you're also doubling up on the other vitamins it contains and that might not be good for you. The gummy vitamins I take are called "L'il Critters Vita Worms".
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I take gummy vitamins because I just cannot keep the prenatals down. I take three of them daily.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• That's so funny I didn't think other people did that! While I was pregnant I took two a day, and now have a very healthy little boy :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my doctor told me to take two flinstones complete with a folic acid pill
    laikan1

Answer by laikan1 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009