is changing your child's diapers difficult?

my DD isn't quite a year yet, however, she makes changing her diapers quite a chore! she will try to roll over, wiggle around or even crawl away! she refuses to stay still while i (or anyone else) try to change her diaper. help!

rachelsmommy78

Asked by rachelsmommy78 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am in the exact same boat! Let me know if you get it figured out.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Give her something really interesting to her to hold while you're changing her...something she doesn't ordinarily get to play with maybe, like the phone or the remote. I have to do that with my son otherwise he sticks his hands straight in the poop.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i have 18 mo boys i put my knee on their chest to pin em down. lightly ! or you can try the old amusing toy trips or the most fun is blowing bubbles on their bellies
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Wow i feel like you are talking about my kids yeah it is such a hassle to change them.What I do is either sing a fummy song or give them a toy so they dont realize i am changing them.
    lexylove206

Answer by lexylove206 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yea we went through that phase. When she is older you can try making it a game. Thats what we do. He plays the 'up down' game. And the "whats in your diaper' game lol. I'll ask him "whats in your diaper?" and he'll tell me something (pee or poop) and I'll looked shocked and say "NO WAY! Can I see?" and he'll let me change him to prove he was right lol. And the 'up down' game is when he lays down I say "UP" and he lifts his butt so I can take his pants off then "DOWN" to do the diaper and up down up down for the rest of the diaper change. He has fun and I don't have to fight him
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I hold them by their ankles with one hand. lol I cant explain it too complicated but I put their ankles in between my fingers and pul the legs ups to clean them off. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old that takes me 20 minutes just for diaper changes, then another hour to get clothes on them! UGH lol they are all like that!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 11:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My daughter is one in a half and changing her diaphers drives me crazy she rolls around kicks screams everything she hates it. i cant wait till she is potty trained
    hopenalivia

Answer by hopenalivia at 1:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• At one point I had to put my leg over my oldest while changing or dressing him. He eventually got the message. My youngest is a rolly and iss trying to grab everything and is easily distracted when I give him something but I have to work fast. Changing in a restroom was a chore with my oldest too. Try pull ups. That might cut a few minutes out of changing. If it is just pee you won't even have to lay her down.
    MyLove

Answer by MyLove at 9:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Try having your mother there who thinks because my 21 month old tries to roll away cries and fights that she was by someone sexually abused... agh, constant fight with her trying to explain MOM its the age, its like she never had kids... She thinks everything is a sign they were abused ...oh she wont eat because i am hovering over her, she was abused, oh she fought me to change her clothes must have been abused...OH Lord... It is the age ladies they want to be free to do whatever they can and too see what they can get away with, Cell phones distract them nicely or singing and tickling... however now my daughter starts kicking and gigling when i grab her feet to pull her legs up ...she says tickle tickle..no tickle mommy...
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2009