Have you ever met someone that you met thur the internet?

I have heard people talk about meeting someone they have met on the internet so many times. Or they meet the person they end up dating on the internet.
I do not see the point in this, it is a big world why would you feel the need to meet someone from the net? Strange!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My cousin met her now husband online. She was suppose to meet him twice before and he stood her up. I thought it was strange too. And even now she is still meeting men off the internet..Yeah I know..W****!!LoL
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have done it. We clicked okay when we were together, but after I left I didnt feel like it was going anywhere.
    Anonymous

• not someone i dated but i've met friends that way. i think its easier to find people with similar interests and i'm kind of shy about randomly going up to people. so being a SAHM its easier to meet other people here and if we click than we meet. i've met all kinds of friends on the internet some have turned out to be best friends
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I met my husband on the internet and I had dated a few other guys I met online. Personally, I'm not very outgoing and tend to be a bit socially awkward, so it was easier to talk to someone online for a while and I felt more at ease when I met them in person because I "knew" them. I know a lot of people who dated or married someone they met online. To me, it's no stranger than hooking up with some stranger you met in a bar. Yeah, it's a big world with a lot of opportunities to meet people, but what makes one way stranger than another? I've dated guys I met other, as you imply, "normal" ways and it's no better one way or the other. You can meet freaks and losers anywhere.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It's not strange at all in this day and age.

I met my fiance online. We have a daughter together. My mom met her husband online. I know tons of people who have successful relationships from meeting people online.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• my friend jenny met her hubby online. my ex's mom met her 2nd and 3rd husbands online. my friend amy met her ex girlfriend online. i met someone online but it was girl who became a friend and ended up moving about an hour away from me.
    Anonymous

• 2nd and 3rd husbands online? Am I the only one that finds this odd?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I haven't dated anyone that I met online, but the majority of my friends are people that I have met on here. One of my closest friends met her husband online, though, and they have 2 kids together.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• a friend of mine, meet her BF online, and while talking on the phone long distance his friend was over, i was with my friend, had talked to her BF's friend started dating on phone, and he flew over here stayed with me and fam, now we have a kid and r happily still together 5yrs later! so internet convo's and meeting r really awesome in my mind, its a good way to get out of ur town and talk to other people, with care of coarse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• As you get older it's harder to meet people.. My two friends met their husband on line and are still together now.. I've met some great people on line. One person has turned out to be one of my best friends and we live right around the corner from each other and have girls the same age. They even spent Easter with us this year.. I only met her last year and I'm so glad I did. It's nice when you find a friend who you have so much in common with.. I couldn't go out to meet people so on line was the best way for me..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 8:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009