Why do people get offended when you call their unplanned baby an accident? question here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol! im with Benny Lopez, 'goodnight my drunken little mistake' hahahah i love that show
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• lol i love that
    Anonymous

• If you don't see why, then you're obviously foolish enough to say that.
    An unplanned baby that wasn't wanted in the end is an accident.
    An unplanned baby that was wanted in the end is a surprise.
    Anonymous

• I don't get offended, my daughter was a "wonderful' accident! But it makes no difference to me if she was planned or not we still love her the same! I think people get offended because it doesn't "sound" as good as saying it was a planned baby!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have an 'oopsy' baby and I don't get offended when people say he was an accident because he was. But he was the best 'accident' to happen to me and DH.
    I think its prob bc they dont want their kids to think they werent planned but our son will know (due to how and when we had him) and I'll always remind him he is the best thing to come to us
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• cause a mistake in that sense of the word means the baby wasn't wanted when most babies are wanted, just not custom ordered for a specific delivery time.
    Anonymous

• Accidents make the greatest inventions. I personally wouldn't think to care.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I get offended when people say mistake. Mistake sounds very negative and harsh to me. Yes he was unplanned, but I just call him my little surprise. His father (my ex) calls him a mistake and it really offends me because I dont want him to grow up thinking no one wanted him
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't even see how they could be an "accident." You can't purposefully have non-protected sex, then accidentally get pregnant. I'm sorry, but the word doesn't even fit.

If you're having sex, you KNOW you are at risk for pregnancy. There's no accident about it. It wasn't something you "accidentally" did. You didn't "accidentally" trip and fall on a penis, then conceive a baby. Now THAT would be an accident baby.

Anonymous

• Because babies are not accidents, my son may not have been planned but he is not an accident. He was a wonderful surprise and I will never consider him an accident. To me an accident is something that never should have happened.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009