Where will you go when you die?

I hold that what we do with this life is what is important, and not the afterlife... but still it's interesting to speculate and all these questions about Heaven got me wondering about others' beliefs about the afterlife, death, the underworld, and the soul.

If you believe in reincarnation, do you think your whole soul is simply reborn, or something different?

What do you believe about the soul?

Do you believe in a Paradise for the dead - Summerland, Valhalla, etc? What about Hell/Hades?

And of course the "nothing, our bodies become worm food and that's fine by me" beliefs are welcome as well.

(Please no bashing or disrespect, I'd appreciate it if no one says anyone else's ideas are stupid.)

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 12:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe our body becomes worm food while our soul goes to a place (DH and I have chosen to call the Meadows) until its time to be reborn(yes the whole soul).

When we have learned all we are meant to or need to then our souls, which is energy anyway, goes to become one with the divine and it will do whatever is needed to help the universe continue on. Whether its to help create a planet, sustain a planet, or whatnot.

Im with you, OP, in that I believe the here and now is whats important. We must focus on that not the what will be's after death.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I dunnooooooo =] I'll find out one day, though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I would hope to go to Heaven, that is my personal goal.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I believe I am going to go to heaven and be with my daughter who is already there
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Jesus promised eternal life for all who believe. I will be in heaven, not by my own merrit but God's grace.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I believe that when we die we are gone, as Jesus said of Lazarus, he was asleep in death,also Ecc 9:5, 10 say that the dead are conscience of nothing. I look forward to the Resurrection that Jesus promised where the Righteous and the unrighteous are called out of the Memorial tomb during Christs Millennial reign to learn about God and his purpose while Satan is in the abyss and unable to influence people.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am going to heaven when I die.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I will go into an Urn when I die.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If you believe in reincarnation, do you think your whole soul is simply reborn, or something different? I believe in reincarnation but I believe our souls choose when to be reincarnated.

What do you believe about the soul? It is very complex. I think our souls are amazing and I believe all souls are eternal. I believe our souls existed before we came to this world and they will after.

Do you believe in a Paradise for the dead - Summerland, Valhalla, etc? I believe in the other side.

What about Hell/Hades? Nope.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I haven't the foggiest clue where I'll end up. I think different things can happen to different people after death, but I don't pretend to know what they all are or what the factors are that surround each case.

I do believe in both reincarnation & ghosts and also don't rule out a permanent "other realm" some may go to, and I'm sure there are other scenarios that are far beyond my imagination.

I do know that our physical bodies are just "loner vehicles" while we are on this earth & that upon our passing they are just empty shells ready for recycling. I also know that we (at least some of us) are able to communicate with our living loved ones after we pass.

I'd like to imagine we have a choice in where we go or what we do or who we can still keep in contact with here after we've moved on, but I don't know that for sure.

Bottom line - like EVERYONE else - I simply don't know and won't know 'til I get there. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009