Will you all partiticipate in this?

How does having infertility issues make you feel emotionally, and how long have you been TTC? Do you think you SO has the same feeling as you or do you think they are hurt by it but not as bad as us women?

I honestly feel like a failure as a wife and a woman, because I cant get pregnant. I have been TTC for 4 yrs, 2 wks, and 3 days. I know it bothers my Dh, but I dont think he is as hurt as I am.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• We have been TTC #2 for over 2 years, now. I feel emotionally wrecked because I was told I was developing awkwardly, I got pregnant anyway and thought "YAY! No problems!" and then we try for another one and now we're here. And it's not fair. It's like a person with 20/20 vision waking up one morning totally blind! DH didn't care at first... but then as the tests wore on and we got answers to what was wrong with me he started becoming more emotional about it. We're both grateful for our son, but we dream of a big family. DH missed out on my pregnancy, birth and the first few months of DS's life because he was in the Navy. It's like he's got a missing puzzle piece to his life.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have been ttc for 7 months but as far as infertility I don't think at this time through all the positive results from testing I received. I do have a 14 year old. I know each month for me made me feel depressed and broken, but after a few test I feel somewhat positive that it just might be a timing issue because my husband is out of town during the week and is only home fri, sat and sun. So I am focused once again and I hope I have my timing down to a science now. I ovulate on his birthday April 24! and days after and that is luckily on the weekend he is home, but I don't want to get my hopes up, but hopefully it will happen for me because my age is an issue at 34 and I don't want to be at high risk. You have to remember to be positive and focus on what may be causing your infertility and believe it is all in gods hands and It will happen when he wants it to happen. Good Luck
    Anonymous