Does it say in the Bible that we MUST attend church ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that our salvation is not dependant on whether or not I attend church. One can have a relationship with God all on their own and worship in their own way. However, from reading the Bible, I know that learning from other Christians and fellowshipping together is something that God would have of us. It is such a simple thing to do. I love God. Why wouldn't I want to gather with other people and learn from more experienced Christians? It's not about being within the walls of a church. It is about being together to seek God together. Jesus taught one-on-one but he mostly taught to groups. I'd love to have a church service outside like the "Sermon on the Mount!" :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• actually wouldn't know. i've only glanced through here and there. because of the good i've done and do, inspite of what's wrong, i know i don't have to attend church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It does state that we "should" worship together. It is no ay a requirement though so believe its a sin to worship on your own. lol I think thats just silly
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• YES I had struggled with this same question before.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Actually it says you should attend church then says that your body is gods temple and your relationship w/ god in your heart is church. It wants you to care for your self and have a relationship w/ god and yes worship together, but that could be done very well with your family.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Here is what the Bible says directly
    Hebrews 10:24-25
    24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

And indirectly
    1 Corenthians 12:1
    12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
    The body is the body of Christ or the church, all believers. This is expressed in the local church
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yeah, teamquin gave you the verses.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It does say we need to worship with other believer but I do not know that actual verse. But God does understand if you ill and can not make it out the house, that is different. But if you are a believer and can go to a party, go drinking, go to the mall but can't go to church once a week, that would look kind of bad, so to speak.
    Blesstravelmom

Answer by Blesstravelmom at 1:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• As far as I can tell, it's encouraged in the Bible, but nowhere does it say you'll burn in hell if you don't go.
    anita73

Answer by anita73 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2009