PPD?!

I have a beautiful 17 month old baby boy. Since he's been born I haven't been the same. For one I have constant UTIs that come and go all the time. And for 2 I now have panic attacks! >.< I'm never my happy and cheerful self anymore. My insurance got cut out before I got to go to my 6 weeks check up so I kept hoping it would all go away. But, it hasn't. I finally have a few extra dollars and I am going to my OB/GYN next Wednesday. My mom seems to think I have post partem depression. If I did, would I really still have it 17 months later?! This is my 1st child so I have no clue...but it seems like it would be gone by now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• sounds like you should at least talk to someone
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• PPD or depression it self can happen anytime. You need real help, sound slike life isnt treating you that well from the tome of your typing. Its normal but you need to get some help from someone, talk to your GYNO since you will be seeing her soon.
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 12:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i think its very stressfull being a new mom but if you have a feeling is more than stress making you unhappy then def. go to the doctors..the uti could be caused by a GHB infection
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• What is a GHB infection and how to you treat it? Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It certainly could be PPD or postpartum anxiety (or both)...it can hit long after the birth, or last for a really long time if not treated in some way. (((hugs))) I hope you get the answers you need at your gyn appt... make sure you mention this, don't blow it off or tell yourself it's not a big deal. You shouldn't have to feel like this, and even if it isn't PPD it might be another form of depression or anxiety that can be helped in some way.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Thanks! I had no idea you could still have it 17 months later!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2009