Leviticus 19:19 clearly states against interracial relationships?

What do think this verse means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No i think it clearly states someone is a racist. ya have them back then and ya have them now. The funny thing about the bible is is was written about 50 years after jesus death. thent he church chose to admit or omit script. It was also told by people before it was written and we all know that people are just so trusting in their story telling *rolls eyes* something to ponder about...I believe in a god, just not one fathomed by humans, they fail to be honest and open.
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 12:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't know and I don't think anything written nearly 2, 500 years or so ago has any relevance to the multi-racial society we live in today which is based on democratic ideals and not the theocracy of an ancient Jewish tribe.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• What does it have to do with interracial relationships????

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Back then every one was the same color pretty much so there wasn't interacial any thing.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Not even talking about people or races.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Moses who God seemed to love a whole lot married someone outside of his race...so where do you get this from troll?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• the bible was edited by white men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• OP here. This is simply a question that i am curious about, my step son told me of this and it got me curious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• What's this got to do with interracial marriages?...

Lev 19:19 “‘YOU people should keep my statutes: You must not interbreed your domestic animals of two sorts. You must not sow your field with seeds of two sorts, and you must not put upon yourself a garment of two sorts of thread, mixed together"

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have read you weren't supposed to marry people that had a different faith than God's,but never for the color of their skin. The verse you gave is the wrong one in my Bible b/c it didn't say anything of either point.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009