• In the Spotlight:

For those TTC..............................................

How does having infertility issues make you feel emotionally, and how long have you been TTC? Do you think you SO has the same feeling as you or do you think they are hurt by it but not as bad as us women?

I honestly feel like a failure as a wife and a woman, because I cant get pregnant. I have been TTC for 4 yrs, 2 wks, and 3 days. I know it bothers my Dh, but I dont think he is as hurt as I am.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have a male friend who is going through this-- his wife has a hormone issue where she is not generating estrogen on her own, therefore doesn't have a regular cycle.

He is hurting, and bad. He hurts for his wife, who he sees struggling every month with their treatments. He feels helpless. He feels like a failure as a man for being unable to protect her from the pain and being unable to make it better for her.

He also does not express it like she wants or expects him to. He deals with it by working harder, trying to cheer her up, or trying to continue everyday life. He feels that she expects him to act as if the world has stopped when they are not pregnant... again. Then he feels worse for making her feel worse.

From what I hear from her, you are echoing her feelings. You're not alone. You are not a failure in any way. And he is hurting, just like you.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009