merina - lack of strings - weird stuff - their site is down - PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I got it in on the 2nd of april - i was fine no pain - i got it on the first day of my first period after having a csec 6 weeks earilyer (feb 20th) - my period lasted 2 weeks when before the pregnancy it lasted less then five days - i figure it as normal - a few days ago my period seemed to stop but now i keep having funky little light purple/brown chunks ooze out and i cant find my strings they never showed me how (my doc is very in and out) im scared because im starting to have the same odd feelings i did when i first got pregnant - me and my husband have only 'slept' together once after our baby with mirena he works all the time there is no way i can take care of two babys i wasnt even ready to take on one! i am freaking out and my docs office isnt open on weekends! has anyone had this and wth do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The oozing is worth a call to someone. Call an emergency room and ask if they can refer you to anyone who's available on weekends.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Honestly you might be miscarrying. I had mirena for a year now but in March I had the same problem and I had horrid cramping. I did actually "catch" my miscarried egg in the toilet paper. it was weird but you be amazed how fertile you are even right after having a kid or on birth control. Your probably miscarrying and there is nothing you can do about it. Call your doc on Monday but unless your bleeding to death or cant move ause of pain dont bother going to the ER or worrying.
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 12:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• THe strings wrap around your cervix...dig up a little higher. Catch your miscarried egg? Are you kidding me? I don't think she's miscarrying. In the first 6 months you have mirena your period is all funked up. It will level out. I had a really heavy period with clots at first, then the next month spotting, then the next month heavy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Mirena is very strange it tends to give pregnancy symptoms and odd pains for no reason, breakthrough bleeding happen lots, but not being able to find the strings is an issue....

Do you know how to find your cervix? The strings should be handing out of it atleast a little ways, if not you need to go to the ER ASAP and get it checked out...with Mirena it can take a while for it to work too and its recommended to get an ultrasound after a few weeks to check on placement
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• POSTER HERE - could it be that my fingers are to short and the strings around my cervix and if so (i really dont mean to sound gross) should i ask my husband who has much longer fingers to try and feel them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Have your husband feel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• the "strings" can actually wind all the way up into the uterus and you cant feel them. thats ok. also if its the first 6 to 9 months of having it put in, you can have extremely strange symptoms and bleeding and breakthru bleeding until your body adjusts. one more thing is if you have lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight since having it put in, there is a small chance it can move, which can cause pain. if you were miscarrying, you would have labour-like pain. call ur dr on monday if symtoms dont worsen.........but always better safe than sorry, if you are seriously concerned, call your insurance companys or hospitals Nurse Line and get their advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes they can work their way up inside, but that isn't normal and if it does you need to call the doc to get an ultrasound to verify it is still there. My midwife said that your body can easily push that little bugger out of there and you can get pregnant so she told em to check for the strings once a week for the first couple months and after that only after my period was done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2009