potty training

What is a good age to start potty training or introducing the potty chair

hopenalivia

Asked by hopenalivia at 1:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 15months and is taking a high interest in the potty. Some days he goes on it other days he doesnt. I am not to sure what else to do from there but just encourage him. Think you should so the same, get him/her a potty chair and introduce it and if he/she shows interest great...just dont push it. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I started putting my ds on the potty chair when he started sitting up on his on. I put my ds on the potty chair whenever I went to the bathroom. He was day potty trained by 10 months.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I bought at potty chair for my son at about 20 months and let him get used to it being around. I started stripping him down and letting him be naked so I could monitor him peeing. I had to clean up little floor messes but he is doing better. He still poops in the corner but we are working on that.
    MyLove

Answer by MyLove at 9:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• When DD was 9mo my mother bought a potty chair for her. She could sit up really well by then, so I would sit her on her potty while I was on "my potty" and would talk to her about what she was supposed to be doing. When she got to where she could walk I would tell her to sit on her potty and she would. She'll be two in May, and she knows that a potty is a place she can go to pee, but I cannot get her to understand that once we know how to pee in the potty we don't need to pee on ourselves/floors/furniture...

A good age to start potty training is when you and your kid are both ready.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 11:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009