Is it ok to have a secret myspace account?

My boyfriend of two years and I both cancelled our myspace accounts months ago because it was causing arguements between us. I miss keeping in touch with friends I've had for years but don't see or talk to often because they don't have kids and we just don't have a lot in common anymore. I really want to make a new myspace to keep in touch with them. I don't want to tell my boyfriend though because I know he won't approve and will be upset if I do it. What should I do?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I do

• I do.

• I don't think a healthy relationship should have such secrets. If it upsets your boyfriend, then you shouldn't do it. Would you want him to keep a secret like that from you?

Answer by MooseNPeanut86 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• No. You can't have a good relationship with a secret like this. It's the silliest thing. There was a reason that you had arguments, there are obviously some trust issues. You need to work on those. Where exactly do you think your relationship will go if you can't tell him you have a myspace account or if he gets mad because you have one? I don't think he should have access to it, because you should have privacy, but I also don't think you should be doing anything purposely on secret. Not a good way to start a life together. You guys need to sit down and talk things out it seems. I hope it helps.

Answer by NomadSara at 4:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• why does it have to be secret? it's just myspace...all my friends are on there. it's just for fun. it's the internet...not like face to face plus it's really fun especially if all your friends have it to. secret smeecret. be open and honest always..he should have one too!!! and your kids!!! they have my little pony and incredible hulk layout for kids. it can be family friendly. you just have to monitor it

Answer by cornfed.23.16 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• No, you should not make a secret page. That's a lie, and you would not want him to lie to you.

Answer by tuttiepiemomma at 4:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my husband and I share a myspace account. Ask your bf and see if he would be willing to do that so that you both can keep in touch with your family and friends and can he that way as well.

Answer by BreakingFree at 5:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Secrets will ruin a relationship.

Answer by swaites2003 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no i don't think that it is. if it has to be a secret then you muct be doing something you shouldn't

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 5:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think that keeping secrets will only cause more problems in your relationship my only suggestion would be that of a joint page that you both have access to which leaves either of you with nothing to hide

Answer by Deannamom3 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008