changing formula help please

my 4 month old has been on prosobee since day 1 I have two other kids and all have been lactose intolerant  doc said pretty good chance this one would be too so we just started on soy. he has always been spitty but in the last two weeks he has started puking not just spitting up every time he drinks a bottle so I thought I would  try switching formula to see if it helped since we were not possitive he was lactose intolerant I chose to go with the gentle ease and see if he did ok on that I opted to try it when he wasn't starving but just wanted to snack so I could see how he would do just taking a little in  he took one drink and spit it out he hates the way it tastes so when switching can I maybe do a half and half to start to break him in or what I know the milk probably tastes alot different from the soy I do have a well baby on the 30th I can talk to to the doc until them but it seems mean to let hm puke until then HELP

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 1:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through a similar situation with my son. I switched formula around the time he was 9 months old, he did the same thing your child did. It is a great idea to start by mixing 2/3 old formula with 1/3 new formula. Each day or 2 I would add a little bit more of the new formula and less of the old kind. It really does make it a much more tolerable experience for you both!!
    littlebump4me

Answer by littlebump4me at 1:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I mixed with my son as well.... started off with a little and workd it up til he was getting nothing but the new stuff. It workd fine and didnt seem to mess with his belly so much.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 1:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My DD projectile vomited and we thought she was lactose cause I was when I was a baby. We put her on soy and she continued. We later found out she had acid reflux. But she did respond better with generic brands of formula rather than name brand. She was less fussy and slept better. I dont know why but thats what happened. Good luck. I know from experience that its hard to watch your baby throw up. I hope it all gets better for you. :)
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 3:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009