• In the Spotlight:

Are you afraid of dying?

fullofhope325

Asked by fullofhope325 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am. I don't want to leave my children to early. I also don't know what it is going to be like.
    fullofhope325

Answer by fullofhope325 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes. I have trouble sleeping sometimes because of it. I'm afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid I won't wake up. I'm afraid to not go to sleep because I will be tired to next day and my whole day will be ruined and what if I don't wake up the next morning and repeat......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I'm not afraid of death. But I want it to be quick. My father dies after a long, drawn out decline in his health that started with Cancer and ended 14 years later with Pneumonia and an infection in his blood. My mother went into the hospital one day because she couldn't breathe well and could barely stand. We found out she had Congestive Heart Failure and she died three days later. I don't want to spend years being sick.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 1:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am afraid of pain, not dying in the least.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am. I'm afraid of pain too.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yes I truly am scared to die. While yes I believe in God and heaven and hell but I don't ever want to leave my family and I am scared of the unknown after death. I just hope and pray that God loves me as much as I love him
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No, I'm not. I know where I will be going and am looking forward to being with Jesus. I have raised my children well, my husband knows I love him very much, and I have accomplished many things in my life. When God says it is my time to go then I will accept it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• This question reminded me of an old old song. Part of the lyrics were something like I'm not scared of death, but I am scared of dying. My dad died of congestive heart failure. It was about 5 years in coming. Then he passed away in his sleep. It wasn't until later that I looked at pictures of him before and after he got sick and saw how much he'd gone downhill. I knew he was tired all the time and kept having to go to the hospital, I hadn't realized how much he had suffered. And yet, he had time to set his affairs in order and to come to grips with his life, and his family understood that he was leaving us, even though when he died it was no less of a blow. To just die suddenly without warning is something that the family and friends find painful and hard to get over.

Answer by Bmat at 8:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am not afraid of dying, I know I will be going Home to be with Jesus and my family members. I fear my MOM dying more than I fear my own death. I don't know what I would ever do without her! I am a single mom with NO ONE who would take my emotionally abused children, so I know I will be living long enough to know they are able to be independant adults, God knows I can't leave them alone!
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am terrified of that thought for three reasons, My two boys and the not knowing.
    Becky304

Answer by Becky304 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009