should black history month be no more?

I find it wrong that we celebrate a month to only blacks, but there is no white history month, women's history month, chinese history month, .......
Is that not racist to you? Why is it that African American celebrities like P. diddy, oprah(ugh!), and many others only promote or come out and speak when it is about a black person. Oprah NEVER indorsed a president before until Obama came along...coincedence? So vote for a person because of their color? That is very racist. All the black celebrities came out and said they voted, but I've never seen them do that before. And lastly, BET....wtf is up with that. I swear if there was a WET(white entertainment television) there would be a huge uproar of people screaming racist. Is this not a double standard???!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think that any particular race or sex should have their own month. I think we ALL should be remembered, studied and celebrated ALL the time.

I am white and I grew up in a small southern town. I can relate the the racism of the past. However, the racism of the present boggles my mind. I am not racist and never have been. I have been accused more this past year of being a racist than I have my whole other life combined. Why is it that if you disagree with anything that has to do with African Americans you are automatically labeled racist? The scope of the word racism has enlarged a great deal.

It has been my observation that the most racist people I encounter are black. Why is that? This isn't 1860 it is 2009 and the glass ceiling has been broken. Let go of your past, celebrate your present and look forward to your future.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Racist are we?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I dont think it's a racist question being that it's asking why OTHER races dont have anything "just for them"... Ive often wondered this myself and Im not a racist. Its true
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• "Racist are we?"

people like you are ignorant, exactly what my post is pointing out, thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Anon :51, OP is truthful, yes. Brutally honest, yes. Non PC, yes. Racist, NO.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you be the person that starts it then? Why don't you start a Women's History month? Or Chinese History month, etc...instead of b*tching about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• All American history IS white history, are you kidding me? Do you know NOTHING about the plight of black people in America?? How many inventions and how much notoriety that was NEVER documented because they were black? Ignorance sure is blissful.
    Anonymous

• Really, it doesn't take anything away from me. It doesn't bother me at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• NEVER documented because they were black

mostly never documented because it issheer fantasy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• This question is too ignorant.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2009