inducing

can you get your labor induced after 36 weeks or do you have to have a reason i know it is best to wait i was just wondering.. and has anyone done that??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine would not induce until week 39 at the earliest.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I'm not a nurse, but from what I understand you have to have a good reason. I was induced becaues I had pregnancy induced hypertension, at 37 weeks. Also, they induce you after you have gone two weeks past your due date. At 36 weeks, the baby is considered a preemie, so there is a higher risk of things going bad for the baby. I was admitted to the hospital at 35 weeks and the dr had me wait til the 37th week to have my baby. He was the smallest in the nursery but he was totally okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• CHAMMOILE TEA
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• well not at 36 weeks i mean anytime after that
    wiggsbabe

Answer by wiggsbabe at 2:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• it has to be medically necessary for mom or baby. BTW if you find a doc taht just lets u induce for no reason other than"want to be done" lol get a new doc as thats shady....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have heard of a few, VERY few, Drs that induced before a due date. In every one of those instances, it was 2 weeks or less before the due date, and in every one of them, the Father was getting ready to deploy to a war/ combat zone, and was going to leave before the baby was born otherwise.

Even then though, it's VERY rare.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Well my doc wanted to schedule the induction with my second at 38 weeks so I could arrange child care for my first! I told her to FO this child would come when she was ready. I wanted a natural, intervention free birth like I had with my first and that had been made clear many times before that. Unfortunately due to insurance reasons I had to choose a different midwife/doctor with the second and that is how I ended up with this woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• while some drs will induce at 37 weeks most wont til at least 39 but after 37 weeks they wont stop natural labor.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I was induced 2 days before my due date, (due Jan 1st '03, induced Dec 30th) which they realized wasn't really my due date as I hadn't dilated above 1cm or effaced at all in the week just before my date. I had really bad sciatica and they predicted that she probably wouldn't come naturally until at least Jan 10th at least. So really, after they recalculated things I was induced during my 37th week. She was 6lbs, 7oz and healthy as a horse :)
    DaynaLea212

Answer by DaynaLea212 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2009