late nite fussy baby, please help!

my baby is fussy only at night normally after 10:30pm she starts crying. she is only 5 days old. we feed her and change her constantly, but at night she won't stop screaming. we even hold her and sometimes that isnt good enough so we have to have one of us hold her for a little while and then pass her to the next person. we feed her every time she starts to show signs. it just seems like after 10:30 she wants to be fed nearly every hour. she is bottle fed. does anyone have any tips?

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 2:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• switch to the tatas
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Sometimes they eat more than what you would expect, even if they have just been fed. If she isn't hungry, and her diaper is clean, try burping her. I have two and they were both sleeping through the night at 3-4 months. I always fed them when they cried and changed the diaper first at nighttime so the diaper change wouldn't wake them after their bottle. I also used a small toy that plays soft music every night. It is hard, but it does get better. You can do this. They are growing really fast right now and that is why they need frequent feedings. Expect them to eat every 2-4 hours and from time to time, they'll eat on the hour. Let your baby lead. She knows what her body needs. If none of this is helpful, consider that she might be constipated or have other medical issues such as reflux and call your pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If you are feeding breast milk she will want to feed in less period of time if she is formula then thats one hungry baby .Try distracting her baby eyes by turning on the toys that hang on the crib the colors and sound entertain babies
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I know that breast fed babies can sometimes "cluster feed" for a period before bed. I don't know if this also applies to formula fed babies.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2009