Is it possible for a packed ER to get blood and urine work mixed up??

my af was late so..2 days ago I had a faint + hpt and + blood test done at my hometown clinic. today i was in a diff town and started spotting i thought i may have been miscarrying so i went to the ER where I stayed from 10:30pm til 3am. I was told my urine and blood tests were - and after a pelvic exam there was very little bleeding and I had a closed cervix and that there was no sign of a miscarriage...what would u think?? and what should I do???

rayleesmommy

Asked by rayleesmommy at 4:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If your cervix was closed, you're fine. The cervix opens when you are miscarrying. Spotting is normal during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It is possible for any medical facility to mix up any kind of lab work, blood, urine, stool or anything else. The physical exam is not so simple to mix up, though, since they are doing it right there with you and can tell you what they find as they find it. I would go based on the physical. If you are still very concerned, I'd go to your regular dr. and have them check you out again.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009