Is it common to get a yeast infection during pregnancy? How do you cure it?

ZoeLife1

Asked by ZoeLife1 at 4:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very, very common. I used monistat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You can eat a lot of yogurt, (live culture kind) and also talk to your Dr. Your Dr might give you the ok to use an OTC medication for it, or they might give you a prescription for something you can use while pg.

But it's not uncommon to get one during pg.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• They said monistat is safe for all stages of pregnancy
    Rngrad_2006

Answer by Rngrad_2006 at 6:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• monistat
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes it is normal but even tho some say it is ok to use an OTC med you are not supposed to unless your dr oks it first . . so i would call your dr and ask before taking peoples word online
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yeah its def common to get them while you are pregnant cause the added hormones. I had one with my daughter. The doc prescribed me something for it. You can also use monistat. And i have heard of 2 ways of yogurt helping... eating lots of it, and i have also heard that you can use plain,unflavored yogurt mixed with water as a "Wash" to help clear it up. ive never did that but ive heard people say it works wonders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2009