is it normal not begin able to sleep at the begining of pregnancy

exarmywife22

Asked by exarmywife22 at 6:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im 7 weeks right now and I cant keep my eyes open at night, but I only sleep for a few hours then wake up and cant go back to sleep for the life of me!!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• believe so. i never could sleep..
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• The main reason I could never sleep is because I kept waking up needing to pee!!! But it could also just be the excitement of being pregnant. Then towards the end of pregnancy, it becomes quite a challenge finding a comfortable sleeping position!!!
    sandj29

Answer by sandj29 at 6:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've battled with insomnia this entire pregnancy. It's been really frustrating because I can't keep my eyes open during the day and then I can't sleep at night. I started taking melatonin--my doc has approved it--using Sleepytime tea, taking warm baths, etc to help. I can get to sleep at night now, but I wake up with terrible back pain. I have six weeks to go and am HUGE, so this makes it hard to get comfortable.
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2009