Accidents at Age 8

My son is 8. There is nothing as far as i can tell, physically wrong with him. He plays sports, is very smart, friendly, outgoing . He poops in his pants. Sometimes it is a little, and sometimes i think he just Full on "goes" in his pants. His grandma has the idea that he cant feel it. And he has over heard her say that, so that is his excuse. If he does it and shes home with him, the boxers go in the trash and he changes, "cleans up" and goes on his merry way. IF im home he has to wash them out, by hand, and then he's in trouble for not telling anyone he had an accident. he just stares at me with no answer. At one point he was hiding his soiled underwear, ANY and everywhere in the house. behind the dresser, is it something psychological. Is he just lazy, sometimes it goes on for months, and he stops. im at a loss ..HELP

shan7195

Asked by shan7195 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 5 year old nephew does it as well. I would speak to his doctor about it. My nephew is lazy and his mom makes the excuses for him so he does it. She claims a bowel problem but he can go months without doing it only to turn around and do it for days on end. I would tell him he wont be going outside, playing video games or anything if he poops his pants that he will stay inside in his room in his soiled underwear. That is what finally worked with my nephew until he came to visit us, they made him sit in it while everyone else was playing and having fun.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Have you had him checked for autism? My neice is autistic, and she cant feel when she goes, she will seven this year and she is still in diapers. I wet the bed until I was in seventh grade, my body never woke me up and told me I had to pee.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 10:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2009