Good Start formula question

Is there a difference between Good Start Natural Cultures and Good Start Protection Plus?
I was arguing with a helper at the store about it because he kept insisting that its the same thing. But if it was then why have a different name?
So is it the same thing just in a different can and I just made a big hubbub about nothing? Or did the helper just have no idea what he was talking about?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well there definitely is a difference between all the formulas, whether it be an extra ingredient or what have you. I use Natural Cultures for Good Start. It's supposed to be the closest to breastmilk as far as formula goes, and cuts down on gas and colic. Since I have been using it my little girl hardly ever gets gas. But I haven't tried that other kind.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• there is a diff but not a big one.
    i personally liked the good start dha and ara
    my son didnt spit it up ever
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's the same thing. Nestle changed their cans. Go to gerber.com. I use Good Start Supreme with Comfort Proteins DHA & ARA now it's called Good Start Gentle Plus. Same color orange can but different name and design. The one you use is in the green can right?
    kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I came back to tell you what kaosgirly told you. LOL I don't know how I could have been so dumb! I use the Natural Cultures, but when they changed their can, they named it Protection Plus. DUH, I just noticed today, but I've been using it for a week. LMAO.

So I retract my previous answer, and my new answer is that they're exactly the same!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009