Is three days of preschool enough?

I am trying to decide whether to send my daughter to preschool for 3 or 4 days next year. Financially, 3 days is much better for us. She is an older pre-schooler (turns 5 in Dec.) and the program is only 2.5 hours a day. I'm not concerned about the academic readiness, more the opportunity to play with other kids she knows well. She really doesn't play with other kids outside of preschool. So I'm wondering if 2.5 hours, 3 days a week is enough social interraction for a child of that age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Since there is no academic concerns, three days is fine.

But then, even if academics were a concern, three days would be fine. They aren't going to teach any academics at preschool that you can't teach her at home.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have 2 daughters and financially 3 days for each of them is all we can afford. If money were no object I would have them going 5 days a week. ONLY because my daughters LOVE IT!! When I come to pick them up they REFUSE TO GO!!! The other moms laugh.....because here are two little girls saying...."NO MOMMY GO AWAY....I NOT READY TO LEAVE!!!!"

But, my oldest is also in Gymnastics one day a week so maybe you could put your toddler in preschool for 3 days and then find some other activity that is a little cheaper...like Gymnastics or soccer or something.
    2princesses1mom

Answer by 2princesses1mom at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yes, 3 days is just fine.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009