Were you obsessed with knowing the sex of your baby???

Im only 7 weeks along and I just have this feeling Im having a boy, but am obsessed with wondering for sure. I have done every online predictor I can find, including the chinese gender and they all say boy. The only thing I cant answer correctly is the hear rate because I havent had my appt. for that yet. Also, every single myth or old wives tale says it's a boy. Is mothers intution and wives tales and predictors and all that usually right if they all say the same gender??? This is driving me nuts!!! If I hear the heartbeat next week and it's low, I will be 100% convinced its a boy!!

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ooops, if it low, not "it's low".
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if your 7 weeks you wont hear the heart beat next week the dopplers dont usually pick up earlier then 12 weeks
    and the heart rate and old wives tales i wouldnt take them to heart according to all those i should be having a boy and no i am having a girl
    and with my son i should had been havinga girl but nope 5 years later he is still a boy lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I never found out my baby's gender before I had them. I like to wait and be surprised :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 9:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I had a dream about the soul that was coming to be my son. he was a young man from the old west. I pretty much knew I was having a boy from then on till the US confirmed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I was always anxious to find out. With my two boys, I had dream after dream that they were girls. I was wrong! With #3, I kind of thought it was a girl as well but I had always been wrong. Turns out we are having a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86--
    I heard my daughters heartbeat at my 8 1/2 week appt, and my obgyn said last week when I was there that when she saw my next week we would listen to the heartbeat and have a cervical exam....??? Maybe they have different equipment or something??
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• is it threw a trans vaginal ? cause the dopplers usually dont pick it up that early.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No, it was a stomach one. Which I thought did sound a little odd, since we were there last week for an internal ultrasound and they couldnt even see it yet, so I asked how if we couldnt see it yet how we would hear it and they said it grows alot in 2 weeks and reminded me that with my daughter we heard it at 8 weeks, so I came home and checked her book and I was 8 1/2 weeks with her too...WEIRD!!! LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• that is weird lol . i have never heard it picking up that soon ,. most drs wont even check til 12 weks lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I was kind of obsessed this time because two people had told me how devastated my son would be if it was another sister instead of a brother. For some reason this worried me sick and I couldn't wait to find out. Plus, the older women of our Church are giving me a shower because we'd given away all our baby gear thinking our son was the caboose. I thought it would be helpful to know ASAP so they could know what to buy.
    On a side note to the OP--asholan, don't worry, your grammar was correct the first time! :)
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2009