sick & need some medicine help, please read!

This is for me, I am extremely sick, i have a horrible sore throat, i cant even swallow, my tonsils are swollen as well as my lymph nodes, im getting hot and cold flashes, my head hurts..bad, and im extremely nauseous and TMI, but has some diarrhea last night. My sister is going to get me some medicine, but i was wondering if anyone knew a good medicine over the counter that she could buy. I would like something that is non- drowsy, but if you have a good suggestion and it will make me tired thats ok as well. Thank You. Oh, and im allergic to nyquil and robitussion did not help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was recently just sick as well with sore throat etc. I used TheraFlu cold and Sore Throat it will make you fall asleep though. You can use Cepacol lozengers to numb the pain in your throat it works good. Drink lots of fluids (if you can) try to stay away from dairy products because of the diarrhea. Sip on Chicken broth and or eat chicken noodle soup. Get plenty of rest and help with the kids (if any). You should also call and talk to a nurse if you continue to have the same symptoms just to make sure you dont have food poisoning, flu or etc. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Hope you feel better soon.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 9:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If you have a fever, swollen lymph nodes, and a sore throat.....then you have Strep Throat and you need antibiotics!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• chrisy nailed this one...dr...for you!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009