I am 39 wks and I have a question.

I have been losing my mucus plug since yesterday. It has been coming out in huge wads and every single time there has been blood in it. Not just a little bit either but not a whole lot like periods. I startd having contractions last night every 10 mins. I've tried everything to get them to go away nothing has worked and I haven't been to sleep. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are having blood like a period you should go to the dr
    anything more then spotting isnt usually good . you should go to L&D and be checked.
    my drs and nurses always say anything more then a tablespoon is not good
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I was told to go in when contractions are 3 mins apart. Sounds like you are in labor to me, congratulations! You could go in if you want to to be checked out. Good luck!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I also agree with Mrs.Owen, if there is quite a bit go in asap. When I lost my plug it was blood tinged but not a whole lot.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yeah when i lost my mucas plug with my daughter, i was just tinged with blood. sounds like you are def in labor though.Your cervix or something could be irritated too and thats probably where the blood is coming from.if its more than tinged, i would go and get checked just to make sure its nothing major. congrats & good luck
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 9:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Hi OP :)

I'd go in to be checked just to be sure. After all, some babies like to show up a little earlier. Good luck to you! :)
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 9:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if theres blood then be worried and/or if your contractions get closer together..im due in 2 days
    i lost my mucus plug weeks ago with blood and ive had contractions for 5 days now lol
    and im STILL waiting for something exciting lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009