Can you be stressed out and not notice it?

I have been having this pounding tension headache lately, i feel the pain and the pressure behind and around my eyes. However, i don't have any trouble on seeing, eating, sleeping or thinking.

I don't think i am stressed out but i am a student nurse, i work, i take care of 2 kids (single mother, with help with the grandparents), i dont' really have money problem.

Could i be stressed out wtihout notice it?

yoshiki56

Asked by yoshiki56 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yes! Talk to a doctor about it. Sometimes I think our bodies get stressed by busy schedules without our even being aware of the problem. Maybe also see if you can take a day to yourself to do some things you want to do, just relax somewhere.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• sure you have a lot on your plate. I do get tension headaches when I'm stresses. I have a very Large family so I get headaches a lot lol.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes yes yes. i was going threw the same thing and same feeling. and would ask why am i getting these headaces they come out of no were stay for a lil then im fine. just to happen later on. come to find out it was caused by stress ( money dh kids ) and once i realized it i was able to try not to stress out about things and just take a deep breath they have led up alot. ( thankgod ) in your situation i would sujest trying not to stress out so much i know its hard but ask if you can have 2 hours to yourself ( me time ) and do somthing u like weather it be reading or sitting in the sun ) dont think about the things that are stressing u out. go on like a mind vacation live in that moment not whats going on before or later take a breather. i know its hard when your a student and mom but u have to just try to elimanate something. whats the most stressful and do the best u can to make it better. i wish u luck its hard but it works
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• YES i WOULD SAY THAT THINGS EVENTUALLY CATCH UPITH YOU SO YES YOU ARE STRESSED OU, JUST SOMETHING WE ALL GO THROUGH FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT FOR SURE CALL YOUR DR AND LET HIM KNOW.
    muda1954

Answer by muda1954 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hi Yoshiki56,

Stress is a funny thing. Sometimes you can have low-grade background stress which works on you. You don't have to have a "big event"--a death or job change. Sometimes just living always on call (as a single mom), taking exams and always being observed (as a student) and caring for others (as a nurse) can do it.

Headaches are definitely a sign of stress. And from your short description of your life, you could definitely be under stress. You have a lot to do. It is a likely cause of the headaches.

But having said that, I always think that you are the best one to know what is going on with you.

You are getting headaches, so your body is trying to tell you something. Sit down quietly, and relax and let your intuition roam. What is going on with you? Is it stress? Or is it something else?

You'll know the answer.

rosesilk

Answer by rosesilk at 5:45 PM on May. 10, 2009