IS THERE ANY MOM'S THAT ARE DEALING WITH THERE KIDS AND A TERMINALLY ILL HUSBAND?

I HAVE A SET OF TWINS THAT WILL BE 4 IN MAY AND A 10 YEAR OLD SON AND MY HUSBAND GOT SICK 1 MONTH AFTER WE CAME HOME FROM THE NICU WITH THE GIRL'S...IT TOOK THE DOCTOR'S 3 YEARS TO FINALLY GIVE MY HUBBY A FULL DIAGNOSIS AND THE FINAL RESULT IS BONE MARROW FAILURE..THEY DID A WHITE BLOOD CELL TRANSPLANT AND IT DIDN'T WORK..NOW ITS DOWN TO A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT OR A STEM CELL TRANSPLANT BUT OF COURSE THE DOCTOR'S ARE AFRAID HE WONT SURVIVE BUT IF THE DOCTORS DONT DO SOMETHING HE WONT SURVIVE EITHER...I HAD TO QUIT MY JOB IN ORDER TO CARE FOR HIM...SOME DAYS I JUST WONDER HOW MUCH MORE I CAN TAKE..WE TRAVEL 3 1/2 HOURS EACH TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL..I'VE DONE GOOD TO THIS POINT WITH EVERYTHING BUT AM STARTING TO LOSS GRIP...IS ANYONE DEALING WITH A SIMILAR SITUATION?

TAMMSTWINS

Asked by TAMMSTWINS at 10:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• i can't honestly know what you are going through. but hang in there make the most of everyday and make sure that you all spend lots of time together. it will let your husband know that you are there for him and you love him. he'll appericate this. i hope everything gets better and i'll pry for you.
    colesmommy12

Answer by colesmommy12 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I can't imagine what you are going through. But I do work at a hospital and I would recommend asking if you can speak with a social worker. They can connect you with resources to helps you care for your family, your husband and yourself. They might be able to find respite care (someont to take care of your husband for a few days to give you a break) or someone to watch the kids for a break also. I would also let your loved ones (friends, family ) that you need help. So often, those people want to do something to help- but they don't know what to do. Just tell them to help you do anything- laundry- take the kids- make dinner. Anything that will give you a moment to yourself. It isn't selfish to take a little time for yourself. If you can have that time- you can be stronger inthe long run. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS...I AM JUST SO EXHAUSTED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT WAY TO TURN ANYMORE.. OUR FAMILY ISN'T VERY SUPPORTIVE..I JUST ABOUT HAVE TO BEG FOR HELP..EVEN WHEN HE HAS APPOINTMENTS I HAVE TO PRETTY MUCH BEG FOR HELP..THE TRIPS TO PITTSBURGH TAKES US 3 HOURS TO GET TO THEN WERE THERE ALL DAY..FRIDAY WE WENT FOR 2 APPOINTMENTS WE LEFT AT 9 AM AND DIDN'T GET BACK HOME UNTIL 9:30 THAT NIGHT..SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO TAKE THE KIDS TO AND THAT NOT FAIR TO THEM...THATS WHAT BOTHERS US THE MOST IS WHAT THE KIDS ARE DEALING WITH...TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE DOCTORS TAKE THERE GOOD ODD TIME MAKING MEDICAL DECISIONS FOR HIM THEN EXPECT US TO DROP EVERYTHING AND RUN HIM OUT THERE..WE ARE NOW LOOKING AT THE POSSIBILTY OF HAVING TO GO TO JOHN HOPKINS FOR TREATMENT..IT JUST NEVER ENDS..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 9:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2009