Is it sad I dont want a son because...

I dont want my DF to teach him bad things. Its not like my DF is horrible, he doesnt beat me, he tries to bring home the bacon, and he can be sweet sometimes, but He doesnt really help out with our dd at all and we are expecting another girl and I dont know what I am going to do with two babies, hopefully he will assume responsiblity and help but he is stuck in 'Party' mode I like to call it. He learned it from his father, his mother always tells me that because he never helped her either, and if we ever get blessed with a son I want him to help his future GF with their kids!!! Is that a bad reason not to wanna have a boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, I understand you. We can see bad traits in ourselves and in those around us that they don't see themselves and it's scary to think our kids might grow up to act the same way. It's probably just that you are growing up and he hasn't gotten to that point yet.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's not only a good reason not to want to have a boy...it's a good reason to not have ANY more babies with this man until he grows up!! ~~~ He needs to be sweet more than "sometimes"!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Don't sell yourself short, what about YOU being an influence?? You can show him so much and make up for others shortcomings. I have two sons and have enjoyed raising them. My oldest has been some trouble but that happens sometimes. He is not on drugs and not out running around and is 17. My 3 1/2 year old son is a true joy and you can't worry yourself about what others might try to influence...you can make a huge difference!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Well, I can tell you, I have a 4 year old son, I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband & I can't have anymore children, we are hoping to adopt. But, as a stay at home mom, my 4 year old is such a momma's boy, he loves his Daddy, but he would much rather be around me!!! So, if you end up having a son in the future, by then your husband could be a totally different man, maybe he just needs time to grow up a bit, mine did. I hope everything works out for you & I'm here to chat if you want!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• HE HASN'T SHOWN ANY SIGNS OF FULL RESPONSIBILITY NOW AND YOU SAY HE'S IN A PARTY MODE AND THAT'S OK WITH YOU AND YOU STILL ARE THINKINKING OF ONE DAY HAVING A BOY DO YOU THINK THAT IS WHAT IT IS GOING TO TAKE NO HUN YOU DON'T NEED ANYMORE BABIES, HE IS ONE HIMSELF AND HOPEFULLY ONE DAY HE WILL GROW UP
    muda1954

Answer by muda1954 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009