For those that have filed bankruptcy or work for a bankuptcy attorney ????

I have the meeting with the creditors this wed on April 22 nd . I just received a letter from my other attorney about money he says I owe him . Here's the thing , I paid him a retainer fee of $1,500 . when he took my case . My ex was having a hard time with his attorney because he charged him to talk on the phone. So i asked my attorney if he did that and he said " I dont have time to keep track of all those phone calls" . I also asked him every time we saw him where we were at as far as money . He always told me we were fine and that we weren't really getting into the retainer fee. So he finishes my case and i get slapped with a $2,500. bill . These were phone calls and letters basically that he was charging me .
My question is .
When i go to the meeting of the creditors can i add him to my debt . I filed chapter 7 for a reason . And im quite pissed how misleading he was .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• We went through bankruptcy several years ago, and if I remember correctly you are still able to add debts to it, as long as it's not finalized.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You've gotten a new lawyer since then? ....I'd definitely ask the new lawyer. They are supposed to know the answers to all of your questions like that, so hopefully they will.
    Anonymous

• Sorry I guess i didnt write this post well . This is not regarding my bankruptcy attorney . This is regarding my paternity attorney . I have been in a custody battle for a year over my son . My case has finally been settled and he sent me that letter . I have already paid my bankruptcy attorney and we are going to the meeting of creditors on wed . I wanted to know if i can add my paternity attorney to my debt on wed . Since i did not have the bill when i first filed .
    Anonymous