I have really wierd name dilemma.. can anybody help?

So we had our girls name Alayla Jade Set in stone.. it has alot of meaning behind it and we took alot of time coming up with it.. we last night i had a dream that 3 spirits came to us in the hospital after we had our baby, which was a girl. 1 was my my gramma 1 was hismom and 1 was the babys guaridan.. they told us her name was to be Hazel Grace.. no explaination just Hazel Grace then they left...

They moreiu say the name the more it grows on me, but we still both LOVE the other name too. should we stick with our first choice or go with the 2nd name? or wait to meet tha baby (if ita girl) and see what fits?

\we dont know what we are having yet but im just baffled by this dream

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol i had the same problem not the dream but the same problem
    i really like Hazel Grace
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• When I was pregnant I had a dream a man in a red truck wanted me to name my son Earl. I named him Deacon instead. Turns out Earl was the middle name of my SO's deceased Grandfather who he was extremely close to. So maybe you should consider Hazel Grace It's a very pretty name also! oh and SO said his grandfather drove a red pickup :)

dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't have an opinion on what you should name your baby. Both choices sound wonderful.

On the subject of dreams, though, we have a saying in Chinese called "fan meng" which means that a dream can be the opposite of reality. In other words, instead of predicting the future, it shows you what WON'T happen.

You could think of your dream as a "fan meng" and just laugh it off. That's what I do with some of my dreams.

nicolexl

Answer by nicolexl at 10:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I think dreams are very important, I like both names they are beautiful but I think the dream is a sign think of it this way whatever name you pic you know who her or his guardian angels are :)
    LoveMyEmiRose

Answer by LoveMyEmiRose at 10:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You can just toss a coin, or you'll call out her name the second you see her for the first time. My cousins didn't name their daughter for over a week after she was born, just don't to that!! With your dream - are the spirits from your dream in real life alive or have they passed? If there's no emotional signficance to either name, your first choice or dream, then why not combine the two into either Jade Grace or something other combination. I'm an older mom and the name Hazel in this day and age of 2009 is just too old fashioned from the fifties. But absolutely I would love to hear and who knows some day be honored to ever meet a girl named Hazel. I think that name is pretty too just an old fashioned name. Don't worry that your dream without an e xplanation in it of why to pick Hazel Grace, that it's an order from Heaven or something. All babies are blessings no matter what named.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I like Hazel Grace actually..... you won't hear that name alot and it will have meaning to you. I would go with it!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• After about 15 minutes, I am really loving Hazel Grace, however, I still stick with the idea of keeping both names in mind until you meet your baby. Regardless, both names will have special meaning. An important consideration for me is thinking about my child dealing with their name being misspelled and mispronounced thousands of times throughout their life. I would hope that at least 90% of the population will know how to say and spell Hazel, and that really bumps up the name. Alayla Jade is still a beautiful and special name too :)
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• EITHER OR. :)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 2:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I seriously like that name! how did u find out what your having so early on?
    mochabeautymama

Answer by mochabeautymama at 4:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• DUh! I jus read your whole question.. your saying "if" its a girl.. I really like Alayla jade! In my opionion Hazel sounds so old and out dated.. But its your baby and u do what u like best.. I say wait til you see him or her ;) Jus so u know.. i'm hoping for another boy.. but we'll see
    mochabeautymama

Answer by mochabeautymama at 4:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2009