Redheads and spanking?

Ok, if you have a redheaded child and spank, do you ever use the phrase, if you don't behave then I am going to make your butt match your hair? Just curious. I use it on my son when he doesn't behave and he straightens up right away.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't have a red-head and my boy hasn't reached the age of mischief yet but that phrase struck me as funny. And if it works, and you don't actually have to spank him, that's great!
    nicolexl

Answer by nicolexl at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my 3 year old is a red head ive never said that to her but if it works maybe i should try it! lol
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Please understand that I'm not trying to be judgemental when I say this, but associating a child's looks with something painful doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I wouldn't be surprised if a child who heard that growing up ended up hating his or her red hair.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't spank but I think redheads rock. I think spanking teaches the child that hitting someone smaller is ok. Not bashing, just my opinion. I have three adult children and nine grandkids and still maintain a no spanking philosophy. It works quite well and I like the challenge of figuring out how to discipline them for infractions that fit the bad behavior. I figure if I can't outsmart them then I'll quit trying to help rear children!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009